Priv. Doz. Dr. med. Lorenz Larcher, MRM worked as a Consultant of Plastic, Aesthetic and Reconstructive Surgery at UKH (Trauma Hospital) Salzburg until April 2016. He had previously worked at the Barmherzigen Brüder Krankenhaus (Hospital of the Brothers of St. John of God) (OK) in Salzburg (Department of Plastic, Aesthetic and Reconstructive Surgery) where he was given unpaid leave to take on the position at UKH from 1 July 2015. In his capacity as plastic surgeon at the Barmherzigen Brüder, he performed all forms of breast surgery and plastic surgery and worked on an interdisciplinary basis as a consultant for the Salzburg Landeskliniken (Salzburger Country Hospital), and at the interdisciplinary breast centre. At UKH Salzburg, Dr. Larcher was a core member of the Microsurgery Replant Team (microsurgical care and replantation of traumatic amputated extremities) and of the Hand Surgery Team. While working at UKH Salzburg he also lectured for the Paracelsus Medical Private University (PMU) Salzburg. As a in-patient physician at Wehrle-Diakonissen Private Clinic in Aigen, Salzburg he runs one of his private practices (Dr. Lorenz Larcher’s Salzburg Practice) at DOZ (Dialyse- und Ordinationszentrum), Wehrle-Diakonissen Private Clinic.
In May 2016, Priv. Doz. Dr. med. Lorenz Larcher, MRM took the helm as the new Medical Director of the South Tyrolean Centre of Plastic, Aesthetic and Reconstructive Surgery at Südtiroler Sanitätsbetrieb. And since July 2016, Dr Larcher has been treating private patients at his Bolzano Practice at the Paracelsus Centre in Villa Melitta and at the St. Anna Private Clinic in Merano, Italy.
Scientific prizes and awards:
Scholarships & prizes
- Scholarship from the Austrian Society of Plastic, Aesthetic and Reconstructive Surgery in Graz (A) (2010)
- Scholarship from the German Language Working Group on Microsurgery (DAM) in Vienna (A) (2011)
- Scholarship from the B. Braun Foundation for modern medicine (Melsungen (D) (2012)
- Award for Best Oral Presentation (Title: Pedicled Propeller Perforator Flaps – Personal Experience) at the 4th European Annual Plastic Surgical Research Council (Hamburg, 23-26 August 2012) resulting in an invitation to speak as the European envoy of EPSRC at the 58th Annual Plastic Surgical Research Council PSRC (Santa Monica, California, May 2013).
- Werner Spingler Fellowship 2012 – First International Fellow. Sponsored by the company S&T and the Romanian Society of Reconstructive Microsurgery (SRMR)
- ESPRAS Fellowship 2013 – 1st place and 3-month ESPRAS Fellowship (Edinburgh/GB) awarded by the European Section of the International Confederation of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery (ESPRAS)
- Speaker’s Award 2014: Best E-Poster Presentation (A) Title: Pyoderma gangraenosum after augmentation mastopexy – a rare clinical entity – interdisciplinary treatment plan and review of the literature; Joint Annual Assembly of ÖGPRÄC/DGPRÄC/VDPRÄC – Munich (D)
Georg M. Huemer (General Hospital of Linz/A)
Werner Beekman – Breast Expert Center Hilversum (NL)
Jaume Masiá (Clinica Sant Pau Barcelona/E)
Lukas Prantl (University Clinic of Regensburg/D)
Lucian P. Jiga/Mihai Ionac (Spitalul Clinic Judetean de Urgenta Timisoara/Ro)
Stan Monstrey/Koenraad Van Landuyt (UZ Gent/B)
Per Hedén (Akademikliniken Stockholm/S)
Urs Bösch (Meon Clinic Lucern/CH)
Alessandro Gualdi (Clinica Chirurgia Estetica Milano/I)
Giovanni Botti (Villa Bella Saló/I)